Match play "weeks"
League Rules & Regulations
These are simple and easy if you're an active and committed member. It's all common sense and common courtesy - but we're going to spell it out anyway.
- These matches are 18 hole scored, match play with a 90 second shot clock.
- Get in contact with your opponent(s) early. The schedule is all there in advance, no surprises.
- The first few days of the league "week" are okay to play by ear, but when there are only 3 days left in the week, saying "Saturday night sometime" is NOT an acceptable tee time.
-If the match isn't played by Friday, set up a Specific Tee Time. Set up a Tee Time earlier just in case.
-Note the Official Time on the Front Page of this website. Use MSH time to avoid confusion. The Members Time Zone page allows you to see your opponent's time relative to yours.
-If you are not getting a response from your opponent, tell your Captain and tell Firetrucky too.
-Not much can be done about alternates if you wait until the last day to tell anyone that your
opponent is a no-show.
-If you cannot play for some reason, IMMEDIATELY let your Captain know. An equivalent level Alternate will be substituted for that match. If you repeatedly can't play, an Alternate will take your place for the remainder of the season. If you are simply a "no show" and uncommunicative you will get dumped for an alternate. Getting dumped is a bad thing.
- Post your match results in the Leagues thread on the forum.
- Handle disconnects and reconnects among yourselves unless mediation is needed.
- We're all here to have fun and compete, and we all signed up for this because we have the time to do it.
If a problem arises and you can't get your match in due to outside circumstances, communicate it and we'll find a solution.
- Represent Well. This rule has been the only rule in place since season one.
You can play your match the weekend prior to the official start of the week. Your match must be played by the following weekend. This gives us 2 weekends and a full week for each match. With the players we have now, this should be very easy to manage.